CRAB, EEL, FISH AND SHRIMP POTS
NC Fishing Reports

Fish Here

September 2, 2014 6:20 pm EDT
Wind Direction: SSW (210°)
Wind Speed: 16 knots
Wind Gust: 17 knots
Atmospheric Pressure: 30.02 in (1016.5 mb)
Air Temperature: 82°F (28.0°C)
Dew Point: 76°F (24.6°C)
Water Temperature: 82°F (28.0°C)

Custom Made Big Game Tackle
Skirts for REEL Men

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt_Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: CRAB, EEL, FISH AND SHRIMP POTS Reply with quote

Dr. Louis B. Daniel III, Director, Division of Marine Fisheries, hereby announces that effective at 12:01 A.M., Sunday, May 1, 2011 until midnight, November 30, 2011, the following will apply to crab, eel, fish and shrimp pots:

POTS MAY BE SET IN THE AREAS DESCRIBED BELOW:

I. ATLANTIC OCEAN - statewide

II. Designated nursery areas in all coastal fishing waters west and south of the Highway 58 Bridge at Emerald Isle which are listed in Rule 15A NCAC 3R .0103.

III. All coastal fishing waters west and south of the Highway 58 Bridge at Emerald Isle which are closed by N.C. Fisheries Rule or Division of Marine Fisheries proclamation to shrimping and/or crab trawling.

IV. All Shellfish Management Areas which have been designated by proclamation.

V. CARTERET COUNTY/ONSLOW COUNTY

A. That area between the Highway 58 Bridge and the Bogue Inlet Channel. (Map 1)
B. That area in White Oak River upstream from the Highway 24 Bridge at Swansboro. (Map 1)

VI. ONSLOW COUNTY

A. West Channel - Island Channel - from Intracoastal Waterway (ICW) Buoy #47A to ICW #45C. (Map 1)
B. West Channel - from ICW Marker #48 to Bogue Inlet. (Map 1)
C. Queens Creek - (Map 2)
D. Banks Channel - (behind Hammock Beach State Park) from Bogue Inlet to Bear Inlet. (Map 2)
E. Fosters Bay - (Map 2)
F. Saunders Creek - from ICW Marker #55 to Bear Inlet. (Map 2)
G. Bear Creek - (Map 2)
H. Muddy Creek - from Bear Creek to Saunders Creek. (Map 2)
I. New River - upstream of the Highway 172 Bridge. (Map 3)
J. New River - Hall's Point Bay as shown on attached map. (Map 3)

VII. PENDER COUNTY

A. That area 100 feet on either side of the ICW Channel from the Surf City Bridge to ICW Marker #49 at Morris Landing. (Map 4)
B. Topsail Sound - from ICW Marker #86 to Topsail Inlet. (Map 4)
C. Marker #98 Channel - from ICW Flasher #98 to New Topsail Inlet. (Map 4)
D. Green Channel - from ICW Marker #105 to Rich's Inlet. (Map 5)
E. Nixon Channel - from the ICW to Rich's Inlet. (Map 5)
F. Butler Creek (Utley's Channel) - from the ICW north of Marker #112 to Nixon Channel. (Map 5)
G. That area west of the ICW Channel from Marker #93 near Sloop Point to Marker #105 at Green's Channel, from the ICW Channel to the marsh line bordering the ICW. (Map 4)

PROCLAMATION PT-3-2011
Page 2

VIII. NEW HANOVER COUNTY

A. Mason Channel - from the ICW opposite the mouth of Page's Creek to Mason Inlet. (Map 5)
B. Banks Channel - from the Highway #74 Bridge to Masonboro Inlet. (Map 5)
C. Stokley?s Cut (Old Moore Inlet Channel) - from the ICW near Marker #125 to Old Moore Inlet, including the dredged basin. (Map 5)
D. Lee Cut (Spring Landing Channel - from the ICW to Highway 74 Bridge at Banks Channel, including the area known locally as “The Lagoon.? (Map 5)
E. Motts Channel - from the ICW near Marker #127 to Banks channel, including the area known locally as “The Borrow Pit? or “The Everett Hole,? located adjacent to Motts Channel from Marker #22 to near Marker #26. (Map 5)
F. Cape Fear River - all waters south of a line beginning at a point on the west shore 34° 04.6040’ N –77° 56.4780’ W; running easterly to a point on the east shore 34° 04.7920’N – 77° 55.4740’W. (Map 6)
G. Carolina Beach Boat Basin - from ICW Marker #161 to the municipal clocks. (Map 6)

IX. BRUNSWICK COUNTY

A. Elizabeth River - including Lower Dutchman Creek from the ICW to the Cape Fear River. (Map 6)
B. Eastern Channel - Montgomery Slough - from the ICW Marker #36 to Lockwoods Folly Inlet. (Map 7)
C. Shallotte River Inlet - from the ICW Marker #75 to the Atlantic Ocean. (Map 7)
D. Jinks Creek - from the ICW to Tubbs Inlet. (Map 8)
E. Bonaparte Creek - from the ICW Marker #111 to Little River Inlet. (Map 8)

X. GENERAL INFORMATION

A. This proclamation is issued under the authority of N.C.G.S. 113-170.4; 113-170.5; 113-182; 113-221.1; 143B-289.52 and N.C. Marine Fisheries Rules 15A NCAC 3H .0103 and 3J .0301.

B. It is unlawful to violate the provisions of any proclamation issued by the Fisheries Director under his delegated authority pursuant to N.C. Marine Fisheries Rule 15A NCAC 3H .0103.

C. The intent of this proclamation is to designate areas in the southern portion of the state in which pots may be set during a specified period of time.

D. In accordance with N.C. Marine Fisheries Rule 15A NCAC 3J .0301(b), it is unlawful to use pots in any navigation channel maintained and marked by State and Federal agencies.

E. Hatched areas on the attached maps indicate areas open to potting by Items V. through IX. of this proclamation.

F. This proclamation will expire at midnight, November 30, 2009, unless superseded by another proclamation.

G. The Basin, Second Bay, Buzzards Bay, Cape, Bay and Bald Head Creeks were closed to trawling by N.C. Marine Fisheries Rules 15A NCAC 03J.0104 (b) (4) in April 2006 and are opened to crab potting.
800-775-7450

Life is SHORT....Fish Hard!

weekend-hooker
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is a good source for local shrimp pots?  
shane1
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

east coast sports

weekend-hooker
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane, I ain't forgot ya we'll still have to go drag. I changed jobs and have been working all over lately.... But I'll be down soon..... I just need to get on the water  
shane1
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David sounds good to me.Think i need about a week and ill be ready shoulder has had problems but getting better day by day actually picked up 30 pounds with it today so i can pull just got to get the kinks worked out.Next time ya come down give me a shout and well have a beer if nothing else

seaark17
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any tips on the shrimp pots all I ever get is pinfish?  
shane1
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get some fish and corn meal with some good red clay but whats on the bank will work mix it all together like a gritty paster put it a pair of panty hose and set in trap works for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: