2006 20" Onslow Bay
2006 20" Onslow Bay
NC Fishing Reports

Fish Here

September 16, 2014 2:20 pm EDT
Wind Direction: E (80°)
Wind Speed: 4 knots
Wind Gust: 6 knots
Atmospheric Pressure: 30.00 in (1015.9 mb)
Air Temperature: 77°F (24.8°C)
Dew Point: 70°F (20.9°C)
Water Temperature: 82°F (27.7°C)

Perrys Emporium
Atlantic Beach Bait and Tackle
Insure with the Best in the Business
Atlantic Beach Bait and Tackle

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2006 20" Onslow Bay
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell or Trade....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polingdd
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But can you really compare a 2stroke with a 4stroke? What is BRP going to do when the EPA cracks down on the pollution of the 2strokes? also the cost of 2stroke oil is costly to, They need to start putting some of there technology towards building a 4stroke, that is where the future of outboards are going and they will get left behind if they don't . I could be wrong but the way everything is going I think that 2strokes will get phased out in the next 10yrs or so do to EPA regs on the engines. I think both engines are good and serve their purpose.  
amandagailfishingteam
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, Do you not read, The Etec is the only outboard engine to receive the clean air award. It already meets the new requirements that come into effect in the next couple of years. They are not going anywhere, like I said they already meet all specs. Read the above post about the EPA award.
http://amandagailfishingteam.yolasite.com/ EVINRUDE, Mr Tigger Tackle, Marks Marine, mrtiggertackle.yolasite.com, , AMSOIL, Calusa, , Mideast Appraisal Service, Eagle Claw, A-1 Mobile Home Parts & Service, South Chatam Tackle, BLUEWATER CANDY

amandagailfishingteam
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, for your reading pleasure. Do you still think they are going somewhere ??

BRP'S STURTEVANT FACILITY BECOMES HEART OF EVINRUDE
Valcourt, Québec, February 10, 2011– BRP will invest over $15 million in the next three years to transform its outboard engine facility in Sturtevant, WI and become the heart of the Evinrude brand.

Evinrude product development, marketing and sales functions as well as customer service will be consolidated under one roof. In so doing, all employees from the Waukegan, IL facility will be regrouped in the Sturtevant campus. There will be no job terminations resulting from this move. Employee relocations will begin in late spring and should be completed by the end of 2011.

"This additional investment further demonstrates BRP's commitment to the Evinrude brand," said José Boisjoli, president and CEO. "One site allows BRP to bring all Evinrude-related employees under one roof to better serve its network and its customers worldwide."

The decision was made to ensure maximum utilization of the facilities and to structure the BRP team in a way to encourage efficiency and community. BRP committed itself to the Evinrude brand when it acquired the assets of Outboard Marine Corporation (OMC) in 2001. It has since invested millions of dollars in R&D for the E-TEC technology, which revolutionized the outboard engine industry. In 2005, BRP became the first marine engine manufacturer to receive a Clean Air Technology Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its environmentally friendly E-TEC engines. In 2009, E-TEC technology was adapted for snowmobile engines, producing some of the most fuel-efficient engines in the industry.

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorised recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft and boats, Evinrude and Johnson outboard engines, direct injection technologies such as E-TEC, Can-Am all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles and roadsters, as well as Rotax engines. BRP products are distributed in more than 90 countries.

www.brp.com

Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Evinrude, Johnson, Can-Am, Rotax, E-TEC and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
http://amandagailfishingteam.yolasite.com/ EVINRUDE, Mr Tigger Tackle, Marks Marine, mrtiggertackle.yolasite.com, , AMSOIL, Calusa, , Mideast Appraisal Service, Eagle Claw, A-1 Mobile Home Parts & Service, South Chatam Tackle, BLUEWATER CANDY

polingdd
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great but the market and consumers want 4strokes not 2strokes, Like I said both engines are good but 4strokes are the future of outboards and at higher RPMs the 4strokes gets better MPG than 2 strokes. At lower RPMs 2 stroke are better than 4strokes and unless your going to toe boats for a living the 4stroke gets better gas mileage and that is what consumers want. What about the price of 2stroke oil? that will only increase as less boaters use 2stroke engines and the price of crude goes up. It's been great debating with you Dave I've learned a lot about BRP.  
amandagailfishingteam
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put my 2 strokes against any outboard in the same class out there on fuel mileage, I run beside a boat that weighs less than mine all the time. He has 140 Suzukis and I have 130 etecs. Running the same speed all day and the same distance, I burn an average of 6 gals a day less than he does. 6 gals and 4 buck a gal equals 24.00. A gal of oil, 24.00, same cost to run both. The 4 strokes are to heavy for some of the older hulls that were not designed to hold the extra weight of a 4 stroke. Not saying a 4 stroke is not a good engine, just saying I would rather have a 2 stroke. Less parts to give trouble, no oil changes, no valves to adjust, etc. To each his own I guess.

steamer
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the boat still for sale, or are you guys repowering it with whoever wins this thread....seems to me the argument over a 150 HP motor is silly??? Who likes to slow troll with an old two stroke? You can't even hear a new 150 Yamaha running!  
CrabMan
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing around with the old fellow before he moves to Fla.

Are you for real??????? 8O
23 Key West (2) 140 Suzuki 4 Strokes

Crystal Coast Interiors
www.ccinteriors.us

amandagailfishingteam
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steamer wrote:
Is the boat still for sale, or are you guys repowering it with whoever wins this thread....seems to me the argument over a 150 HP motor is silly??? Who likes to slow troll with an old two stroke? You can't even hear a new 150 Yamaha running!

I have to look at the tach to see if mine is running and NO smoke and thats a fact. if you don't beleive it, come to Atlantic and I'll take you fishing and prove it.

BoutTime2fish
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to put anyone or their chioce in outboards down, but just want to have a good open-mined discussion about the subject.

I fish with David and I have to constantly look at the tach to see if they are even running and which one. I am amazed at how little oil is used and even I have a hard time believing just how little fuel we use, but hey that's a good thing 'cause it cost me less to go fishing.

NO - E-TECs do not "BURN" oil read about it on their website.

YES - David's 130hp E-Tecs ARE Quieter than my neighbors 115 yamaha four stroke. This is not just an opinion.

YES - EPA rules, regs, etc. ARE going to put an end to the "OLD" oil burning two strokes. These regs may also do away with some small two stroke engines such as chain saws, leaf blowers, etc.

Yes - The current E-TEcs meet the 2013 EPA standards ... The current four strokes ?? I believe I'm correct in saying that Evinrude is currently the ONLY outboard to meet the 2013 EPA standards.

P. S. Yes Tony he is moving to Florida.. Think we should throw him a going away party ? lol

whitty
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or should someone keep there opinions to themselves. Dang, dudes just tryin to sell a boat and here someone is tellin about how great there stuff is. Mind your own  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell or Trade.... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: