Roy Crabtree withholds RA11 from Sec. of Commerce
NC Fishing Reports

Fish Here

October 31, 2014 2:20 pm EDT
Wind Direction: NNE (20°)
Wind Speed: 14 knots
Wind Gust: 17 knots
Atmospheric Pressure: 29.76 in (1007.8 mb)
Air Temperature: 63°F (17.4°C)
Dew Point: 50°F (10.1°C)
Water Temperature: 74°F (23.1°C)

Less Fishing, More Catching
Perrys Emporium
Stormwater BMP Services
Ballyhood Top Gun Lures

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisMcCaffity
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Roy Crabtree withholds RA11 from Sec. of Commerce Reply with quote

Has anyone heard about how Roy Crabtree withheld Regulatory Amendment 11 from the Sec. of Commerce since August? RA 11 would have suspended the entire Amendment 17B area closure on January 1, 2012. Amendment 17B took our freedom to fish on a majority of our South Atlantic seafloor based on the lack of data on two fish using the Precautionary Principal.

I know some of you think I am making a mistake by debating PEW. Some of you do not like that I oppose HB-353. A few of you say you disagree with some of my solutions. We need to work out these differences and focus our attention on the REAL enemies to our freedom to fish. Those enemies includes the multiple layers of federal fishery bureaucracy as well as the many environmental "charities" that just want to help us.

The leadership of most fishing organizations are only interested in a narrow vision of what would benefit their group the most. We as individual fishermen need to take control of our own destiny. We need to look at the big picture and offer solutions that have the most positive benefits for everyone and as few negative impacts as possible. We need to stand united in support of common sense solutions that allow for a responsible harvest of healthy fisheries with very little waste. Please respond to this post if you have any questions or would like to discuss solutions to the problems facing our fisheries. Thank you.

Capt_Keith
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Atlantic
Regulatory Amendment 11
Removal of the 240-Foot (40-Fathom) Closure
Frequently Asked Questions
December 2011
www.NorthMyrtleBeachFishingCharters.com
www.MyrtleBeachInshoreFishingCharters.com
Myrtle Beach Fishing

Capt_Keith
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regulatory Amendment 11 Issues Paper
March 18, 2011
www.NorthMyrtleBeachFishingCharters.com
www.MyrtleBeachInshoreFishingCharters.com
Myrtle Beach Fishing

barefootfishing
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris
I am HIGHLY skeptical of anyone that hangs out with Sean McKeon, and/or remotely agrees with him on most issues, but I agree that we must band together to fight the true enemy at hand. NOAA/NMFS/PEW/EDF (which is all one) very effective, highly organized, well funded political machine.

NMFS has reduced the "bottom line" of my tackle business, and several of my friends... that fish commercially, and manufacture fishing tackle.

The biggest problem we have is...we cannot make HUGE campaign contributions. Like it or not, this is where the battle is won or lost in todays (political) environment.

For example, if the PEW and EDF and other organizations had not made LARGE campaign contributions to obama, do you think jane lubchinko would have be appointed to the position that she is right now?
How about Roy , and his band of misfits (i mean "best in the world scientist") still be employeed on our dime?

The best thing we can do at this point is to work hard to get obama out of the White House and get a businessman in there that will take care of the US instead of giving away the farm to the world.

Quit arguing with the PEW and NMFS, THIS WILL GET YOU (us) NOWHERE.
Figure out a way to raise MONEY, that's how you get sheet done nowadays.

offshore
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with this post. I have written I cant tell you how many letters made many phone calls and sent Many e-mails with little or no response over the years. The problem is there isn't any one entity really looking out for anglers interest. Our representatives at best tow there party lines in most cases. It is sad to say that money talks in Washington but that is a fact. With all the different fishing groups fighting against each other the average guy sits on the sidelines and feels that his voice no matter what he does is not heard. Raising money is one thing but getting it to the right place to make a difference is a whole other game.

barefootfishing wrote:
Chris
I am HIGHLY skeptical of anyone that hangs out with Sean McKeon, and/or remotely agrees with him on most issues, but I agree that we must band together to fight the true enemy at hand. NOAA/NMFS/PEW/EDF (which is all one) very effective, highly organized, well funded political machine.

NMFS has reduced the "bottom line" of my tackle business, and several of my friends... that fish commercially, and manufacture fishing tackle.

The biggest problem we have is...we cannot make HUGE campaign contributions. Like it or not, this is where the battle is won or lost in todays (political) environment.

For example, if the PEW and EDF and other organizations had not made LARGE campaign contributions to obama, do you think jane lubchinko would have be appointed to the position that she is right now?
How about Roy , and his band of misfits (i mean "best in the world scientist") still be employeed on our dime?

The best thing we can do at this point is to work hard to get obama out of the White House and get a businessman in there that will take care of the US instead of giving away the farm to the world.

Quit arguing with the PEW and NMFS, THIS WILL GET YOU (us) NOWHERE.
Figure out a way to raise MONEY, that's how you get sheet done nowadays.

\" TinaLouise \"

offshore
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing withholding RA11 is total BS. Been waiting to see RA11 take effect. One person should not be allowed to stop something like this. But that is how this administration works. They think they are the chosen to make or break the regulations as they see fit. There is no true science behind any decision they make.

\" TinaLouise \"

RECESS
Mate
Mate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I support Amendment 11.

Why don't you ask Roy why he withheld Amendment 11?

I do not know why, but perhaps he had a good reason.

For example, perhaps he has some data coming shortly that would support Amendment 11 and make it more likely that it would be approved by the Secretary.

ChrisMcCaffity
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for responding guys. Please take a minute to read my response to your statements.

1. Sean McKeon will not even return my emails or phone calls. He has a terrible reputation for being very closed minded and unwilling to even listen to other points of view. He DOES NOT represent me. I DO NOT hang out with him. We DO NOT agree on many issues.
2. My public comments and discussions with environmental "charities" are intended for a much wider audience including my fellow fishermen, politicians, true environmentalists, seafood consumers, and the media. We should never surrender our freedom of speech because we think it falls on deaf ears.
3. We will never be able to compete with the money of big oil and other multi-national corporations that fund the environmental "charities". However, our First Amendment Constitutional Right gives us more power than any amount of money if enough people peacefully use it to support or oppose an issue. The bigger the issue the more people it takes.

I will be writing public comments about the MPAs that are supposed to replace the 17B area closure. Please consider supporting my comments or write your own about this issue. I encourage those writing their own comments to include examples of the corruption and mismanagement you have experienced with the SAFMC, NMFS, and NOAA. We need to make this an issue during the election cycle. We must get rid of B.O. and the stinking bureaucrats he appointed.

It is up to us as individual fishermen and patriots to stand united in firm yet peaceful defense of our freedom to fish and eat American seafood. The brave men and women in America's military defend our freedom against attack from foreign enemies. It is our DUTY to God and Country to defend the freedom and Nation He gave us against attack from the domestic enemies. United we stand, divided we fall.

ChrisMcCaffity
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recess, crabtree said there was a lot of public opposition to RA11 so he withheld it from the Sec. of Commerce.  
Squid Row
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullcrap.. the day Roy Crabtree cares about the public is the day I give up fishing (unless by public he means the PEW/EDF folks that pay his freight)

Flounder Pounder II - 16 Sandpiper Skiff

RoughandReady
MOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squid Row wrote:
Bullcrap.. the day Roy Crabtree cares about the public is the day I give up fishing (unless by public he means the PEW/EDF folks that pay his freight)
Ditto....  
ChrisMcCaffity
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squid Row, it was EDF and PEW along with many other environmental "charitable" bureaucracies that pull crabtree's strings. We can make Public Servant Crabtree and Special Interest Lubchenco care what we say if enough of us say it with one united voice.  
Matador
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisMcCaffity wrote:
Squid Row, it was EDF and PEW along with many other environmental "charitable" bureaucracies that pull crabtree's strings. We can make Public Servant Crabtree and Special Interest Lubchenco care what we say if enough of us say it with one united voice.

There lies the problem with anything Roy does on any policy. He can be bought therefore he is not an honest man performing the duties of his position. I don't want to here any position supporting EDF or Pew; even if it is one tiny point. They are self serving elitist that have bribed our "representatives" and therefore participated in the betrayal of the people they are suppose to protect and help (too much detail to cover in that statement).

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him THINK.

RoughandReady
MOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisMcCaffity wrote:

That will never happen. Crabtree & Lubchenco have there mind made up before public input is asked for. SAFMC meetings are a joke & not worth attending at this time. Look at the sea bass closure's and the fact they are eating their
way to the beach & still SAFMC denies any wrong doing. Vote them out &
force noaa to pump some money towards more realistic research.
Remove EDF & Pew's influence from Fisheries and send them back to
protecting us from "Global warming" All they do is waste our time & Resources & put a greater global strain on more threated unprotected fish
stocks.

Matador
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=50998

Here is more Pew and EDF. The same people that pull Obama's strings also pull Roy's strings.

Matador
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ncfisheries.net/mfc/2011_NovemberMeeting/Nov2011BriefingBook.pdf

First Paragraph. Are you kidding me!!! Crabtree is a piece of s*&t!

ChrisMcCaffity
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATADOR, crabtree is a dishonest puppet. My discussions with PEW, CCA, EDF, or any other environmental charity are intended to convince them of a better way or expose their unwillingness to address the TONS of Regulatory Discards the policies they support are creating. I DO NOT support their wasteful schemes.

RoughandReady, I agree crabtree and lubchenco will not listen. The politicians asking us to vote for them will listen. The public will listen. The co-workers they manipulate will listen. We can influence even the weakest minds if enough pressure is applied in the right places. Even crabtree would listen if a thousand fishermen, seafood consumers, and freedom loving Americans peacefully descended on the next SAFMC meeting. We should have fishermen's rallies at every SAFMC meeting until our fisheries are managed properly. We should agree on a few short term and long term goals. We should get everyone to offer public comments supporting those solutions. We should invite the press and hold public votes of no confidence in crabtree and lubchenco.

They want us to be quiet and go away or at least chase distant goals that give them plenty of time to enact most of what they want.

Matador
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, I think in principle your head may be in the right place but I think the government has been so heavily infiltrated by these "charites" that the only thing that could really stop what is happening is a heavy handed Congress or President that wants reversal. Good luck.

zigzag
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisMcCaffity wrote:

However, our First Amendment Constitutional Right gives us more power than any amount of money if enough people peacefully use it to support or oppose an issue. The bigger the issue the more people it takes.

Chris you may want to watch this and rethink about your First Amendment Rights, they have been altered.You can't exercise that right except where the "chosen" one wants you too. Obama has made free speech a felony!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=7SGWH3kirzg&vq=medium

barefootfishing
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris
Sorry, I was given different info regarding your relationship with Sean McKeon

I'm here to tell you that it will make absolutely NO DIFFERENCE what so ever in regards to Roy boy and Jane lubkinko.
They have absolutely no interest in the truth... they are simply put into place by campaign contributions. If you think that we can EVER change roy or Janes mind with a thousand fishermen, or 10,000 fishermen protesting...I'm sorry, but I personally don't think that will be the case.

Squid was sitting next to me at the last dog and pony show (NMFS meeting) in Raliegh when I point blank offered the panel of "best in the world" scientist , and Roy boy film footage of what the bottom fish look like on a number of ledges.
You couldn't melt 'em and pour 'em on that footage. They DO NOT and WILL NOT review it. They are just avoiding the facts and all of us as long as possible, hoping that obama will be re-elected and then COMPLETELY putting commercial fishermen, and recs on the skids.

Save your breath... be talking to the republican candidate(s). Then and only then do we stand a chance.

New president--- new head of NOAA---new ball game

ChrisMcCaffity
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we need a new Congress and President to fix this mess. I am just saying that we need to make this an issue during the campaign. The SAFMC meetings and our big brother approved three minute freedom of speech zones are a great place to educate our fellow Americans about the problems and solutions in our public comments. The press will pick this story up if enough people get involved.  
ChrisMcCaffity
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barefootfishing, you may be right about never geeting through to jane or roy. We need to use the public forum they are required to give us to reach out to the public and politicians running for office. We should all be asking our future public servants to attend the next SAFMC in their state. We need to get them to agree to a few simple short term and long term solutions before they get elected. They listen much better while asking us for power.  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: