November 26, 2014 7:50 pm EST
Wind Direction: WNW (290°)
Wind Speed: 21 knots
Wind Gust: 25 knots
Significant Wave Height: 6 ft
Dominant Wave Period: 5 sec
Average Period: 5.1 sec
Mean Wave Direction: W (279°)
Atmospheric Pressure: 30.04 in (1017.4 mb)
Pressure Tendency: +0.11 in (+3.8 mb)
Air Temperature: 53°F (11.8°C)
Dew Point: 47°F (8.5°C)
Water Temperature: 66°F (19.0°C)

Ballyhood Top Gun Lures
Coastal Dating
Custom Made Big Game Tackle
The Original Balloon Fishing Clip

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hammer comes down on NOAA/Lubchenco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaitWaster
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Hammer comes down on NOAA/Lubchenco Reply with quote

http://www.alaskajournal.com/Alaska-Journal-of-Commerce/AJOC-April-29-2012/Fed-up-Congress-takes-another-axe-to-NOAA-budget-priorities/

On April 24, the full Senate Appropriations Committee approved the Commerce Department budget with language inserted by Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, into NOAA’s budget that would transfer $119 million currently unrestricted funds and require they be used for stock assessments, surveys and monitoring, cooperative research and fisheries grants.

The $119 million is derived from Saltonstall-Kennedy funds, which are levies collected on seafood imports by the Department of Agriculture. Thirty percent of the import levies are transferred to NOAA annually, and without Kerry’s language there are no restrictions on how NOAA may use the funds.

In a Congress defined by fierce partisanship, no federal agency has drawn as much fire from both parties as NOAA and its Administrator Jane Lubchenco.

barefootfishing
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HALLA LUUUUYA
Now fire her and her boy Eric... and her other boy Roy...and their other brother Darell

stackchaser
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing Obama understands is $$$. Maybe he will finally take the torch to Jane's backside. I am sure it will read something like she is going back to PEW after successful management of our ocean's and thankful for all of her hard work or another line of BS.  
ncnat
2nd Mate
2nd Mate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a start.  
guimond
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! This was the original intent of Kennedy-Saltonstall. Now NOAA has a bigger hole in their budget than they did before. Don.t let the door hit you on your way out Jane Lubiatch  
bslesinski
1st Mate
1st Mate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news. Let us all remember that this is an election year and we need to rally behind the candidates who understand the financial implications of all of their decisions.

aftergolf
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the heck is wrong with Mcintyre? Whose ass is he kissing???
Why is he not fighting for us???

WAHOONBOX
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AN APPROPRIATE PUNISHMENT FOR JANE? .....LET'S SEE...

HOW ABOUT 8 HRS IN MY ANCHOR LOCKER WHILE I FISH SAY THE SWANSBORO HOLE....53 MILE RUN ONE WAY... ...6-8 FT SSW IN THE MORNING....NORTH COMING HOME

WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH MARITIME KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE SHE HAS IN HER ASS.....

offshore
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAHOONBOX wrote:
AN APPROPRIATE PUNISHMENT FOR JANE? .....LET'S SEE...

HOW ABOUT 8 HRS IN MY ANCHOR LOCKER WHILE I FISH SAY THE SWANSBORO HOLE....53 MILE RUN ONE WAY... ...6-8 FT SSW IN THE MORNING....NORTH COMING HOME

WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH MARITIME KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE SHE HAS IN HER ASS.....

Dont forget to Video this!!

\" TinaLouise \"

Squid Row
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aftergolf wrote:

Great question.

I hope everyone who lives in his district starts asking him this question

Flounder Pounder II - 16 Sandpiper Skiff

Fernie
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an e-mail back in Jan about the DC rally.
I ask was he going and I wanted a reply, have never got a responce.
Guess I will have to give him one in Nov.
Maybe someone can give Jane a job cutting bait if she gets the ax.

offshore
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aftergolf wrote:

He and his party is towing the line!! I have never gotten any response on issues like this from him........

\" TinaLouise \"

barefootfishing
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote.
The first 92 pages of the draft policy released Jan. 12 call for more than 50 actions, nine priorities, a new National Ocean Council, nine Regional Planning Bodies tasked with creating Coastal Marine Spatial Plans, several interagency committees and taskforces, pilot projects, training in ecosystem-based management for federal employees, new water quality standards and the incorporation of the policy into regulatory and permitting decisions.

Some of the action items call for the involvement of as many as 27 federal agencies. Another requires high-quality marine waters to be identified and new or modified water quality and monitoring protocols to be established.

Thumbnail sketch... let's study it, spend an assload of money doing it, and get absolutely nowhere near the solution. Isn't that the definition of bureaucrat?
If it were REALLY about the fish, spend one tenth of the money you have planned to spend on all the BS listed above, and spend it on hatcheries for these individual species and help the F'ing FISH, not your buddies (bosses) that made HUGE campaign contributions to obama.
I say fine these groups and individuals and use that money for good causes like hatcheries, and to pay the mortgage payments of the fishermen they have INTENTIONALLY put out of business. Real Working people, not political parasites.

Even BARNEY FRANK sees this as BS. WHERE THE HELL IS MIKE McINTIRE???
Call made to his office, again.

nbk8b6r
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artificial reefs rebuild fish stocks instantly. Not sure why there isn't more $$ going into ARs...  
barefootfishing
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbk8b6r wrote:
Artificial reefs rebuild fish stocks instantly. Not sure why there isn't more $$ going into ARs...

nbk8b6r
It ain't about the fish... that's just a cover/disguise for CONTROL
They want to control us !
for example
tell us when we can go fishing SEASONS/Closures
tell us how many we can catch/keep then reduce limits
All of this based on intentional BOGUS data

once they get us beat down, and divided (recs. vs. comms) with seasons, reduced limits, closures, increased fuel prices, bad weather, poor economy etc... then it will be much easier to roll out catch shares.

If it were truly about the fish, we have the ability to produce BILLIONS (not millions) of fry OF ANY SPECIES, money laying around to buy luxury yatchs and MANY other perks, that could have been used to create VAST artificial reefs,complete ACCURATE data collection using REAL FISHERMEN, not some group of limp wrist from NOAA that couldn't find their ass with both hands... much less catch my gags, scamps and red grouper. Hell, even they can catch Black Sea Bass now , but insist that we should not be able to fish for them.
If they (BSB) are not present in Florida, SHUT FLORIDA DOWN, not us.

According to BS Roy Boy Crabtree in Raleigh, NC, he's employeed the "best scientist in the world". Really?
I think you all have been bought and paid for, and for WAAAY too much at that.

Matador
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy is a turd. The best scientists work in private industry where they can own part or all of the company and make real money. The only other "best" scientists that I know of that work for government are private contractors working for other countries. There are a few overseas working for their homeland but with a gun to their head. Roy thinking he has found and employees the cream of the crop scientists is the same as me pulling a Big Mac apart and declaring I discovered the secret sauce. WTF, REALLY!

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him THINK.

straps57
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aftergolf wrote:

What makes you think he isn't? Here is a link for you.

http://mcintyre.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=441:mcintyre-advocates-for-north-carolina-fishermen&catid=1:2010-press-releases&Itemid=26

http://mcintyre.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=33

McIntyre Announces Funding to Maintain Shallow Draft Inlets - February 10, 2012
McIntyre Announces Funding to Deliver Sand to the Beaches at Bald Head Island - February 10, 2012
McIntyre Announces Additional Funding for Coastal Projects - February 10, 2012
McIntyre Announces Funding for Holden Beach - January 31, 2012
McIntyre Announces the Approval of Agreement to Dredge Carolina Beach, Lockwoods Folly, and New Topsail Inlets - January 26, 2012
McIntyre Leads State Effort To Help Wilmington Port and Brunswick County Beaches - December 06, 2011

Matador
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straps57 wrote:
aftergolf wrote:

http://mcintyre.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=441:mcintyre-advocates-for-north-carolina-fishermen&catid=1:2010-press-releases&Itemid=26

http://mcintyre.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=33

McIntyre Announces Funding to Deliver Sand to the Beaches at Bald Head Island - February 10, 2012
McIntyre Announces the Approval of Agreement to Dredge Carolina Beach, Lockwoods Folly, and New Topsail Inlets - January 26, 2012
McIntyre Leads State Effort To Help Wilmington Port and Brunswick County Beaches - December 06, 2011

I reacted quick to this one because I read his voting record last night. Those votes fall under infrastructure and renourishment... not supporting fishermen.

Smoke and mirrors. No way is he sincere and not working with Walter Jones. He needs sand projects and inlets so his contributors will not lose their million dollar beach front digs and inlets so his contributors can sail there pimp rides along the coast. He probably invented the internet too but he will have to tangle with Al Gore on that one.

zigzag
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straps57 wrote:
aftergolf wrote:

very interesting to say the least, so after umpteen years as a congressman all you can defend McIntyre with is funding,funding, funding, funding, funding, funding,funding and funding! How about some SOLUTIONS,SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS! of course when you are a hounddog, most of your time is spent scratching the FLEA'S.

barefootfishing
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried mike's (McIntire) office earlier to ask him about his (lack of) participation on this... no response yet.
Totally MIA for years on fishing issues, except keeping the inlet(s) dredged, in my opinion.

Called David Rouzer's office (who is the Republican candidate) He just returned my call a few minutes ago and IS COMPLETELY ON BOARD getting the government out of our business. (like NOAA)

I told him I would send him a link to this thread, and hopefully make a response.

I have heard ALOT of good things about David, and think he is the real deal.

straps57
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zigzag wrote:
straps57 wrote:
aftergolf wrote:

very interesting to say the least, so after umpteen years as a congressman all you can defend McIntyre with is funding,funding, funding, funding, funding, funding,funding and funding! How about some SOLUTIONS,SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS, SOLUTIONS! of course when you are a hounddog, most of your time is spent scratching the FLEA'S.

Good luck getting that funding putting newbies in office. I'm sure everyone here will love it once 1/2 of NC inlets fill with sand within a year.

zigzag
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

straps57 wrote:
zigzag wrote:
straps57 wrote:
aftergolf wrote:

Good luck getting that funding putting newbies in office. I'm sure everyone here will love it once 1/2 of NC inlets fill with sand within a year.

Yeah, well maybe those with their head stuck in the sand will adjust to it once we get a strong republican in place that will look for "cost" cutting , permanent solutions to keep the inlet's open, not just open on a part time basis, I don't know 1 person that uses an inlet that will reach in their pocket and pull out $500,000 plus for a little side casting that can disappear in a week when the wind blows out of the southwest for a few days, do you? I do know a lot of people that would donate to a jetty that would help keep their inlet open for years, McIntyre has been on the job long enough to have been able to come up with something better than he has over all the years, all we are going to have to show for him is his part of adding to the debt withi nothing to show for it, shame.

eric13
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder what fisheries would look like had senator Kerry not been ran out of the game 8 years ago over BS and politics. He seems to be fighting harder than anyone for his fishermen. Just think, we could be coming out of an eight year period of fishermen getting some respect. Its a shame how politics works. I know lots of people who fell for that fast boat crap. I always thought that Karl Rove was the best at his job when he could support a draft dodger as a candidate and attack a war vets military service and everyone (vets mostly) ate it up. Talk about propaganda manipulation.  
Matador
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has no real choice. Massuchusetts has been killed by fisheries regulations but for whatever the reason may be he should be commended for his efforts. As a Dem. he is really putting his neck out there. Doing his job by actually representing the interests of the people in his home state. Others should take note.

barefootfishing
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zigzag wrote:
straps57 wrote:
zigzag wrote:
straps57 wrote:
aftergolf wrote:

Yeah, well maybe those with their head stuck in the sand will adjust to it once we get a strong republican in place that will look for "cost" cutting , permanent solutions to keep the inlet's open, not just open on a part time basis, I don't know 1 person that uses an inlet that will reach in their pocket and pull out $500,000 plus for a little side casting that can disappear in a week when the wind blows out of the southwest for a few days, do you? I do know a lot of people that would donate to a jetty that would help keep their inlet open for years, McIntyre has been on the job long enough to have been able to come up with something better than he has over all the years, all we are going to have to show for him is his part of adding to the debt withi nothing to show for it, shame.

Yea, that evil masonboro jetty has REALLY messed up the entire island on both sides of it ....huh?
At some point we have to get rid of tree huggers that oppose jetties and get on with business. The business of letting people come to town to fish, and bring the family, stay in a motel, eat at restaurants, visit tackle shops, buy new boats, go downtown for some entertainment, etc....
Heck no, let's all get on the tree hugger bandwagon, close grouper/snapper on the basis of bad data, don't let those evil minded (businessmen) build jetties to protect or comms and recs with a safe port, AND encourage tourism.
Like it or not folks, tourism is NC's #3 revenue producer

drumchaser73
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't we lose the Caterpillar business due to no decent port? I think Continental Tire decided against here to for that reason. Way to go New Hanover/Brunswick. Clap, Clap.  
Matador
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not blaming the port situation solely on McIntyre though that is the area he represents. NC politicians have done a miserable job on attracting manufacturing to replace all the manufacturing jobs we have lost the past 30 years. Their rationale: Letting them pay no taxes for almost 10 years isn't good for the state. Well, neither is denying a company (BMW and Honda come to mind) that would create several thousand direct and indirect jobs. So you want absolutely no tax base and thousands of unemployed resulting from one blown opportunity. There must not be enough in it for them (the politicians) to make a decision to create jobs. There are some damn good companies that wanted to be in NC but went to S.C., TN, Miss., and Alabama that I am certain. We have got to put an end to career politicians.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: