November 24, 2014 12:50 am EST
Wind Direction: SSE (150°)
Wind Speed: 25 knots
Wind Gust: 33 knots
Significant Wave Height: 15 ft
Dominant Wave Period: 9 sec
Average Period: 7.5 sec
Mean Wave Direction: SSE (150°)
Atmospheric Pressure: 29.84 in (1010.5 mb)
Pressure Tendency: -0.03 in (-1.1 mb)
Air Temperature: 71°F (21.6°C)
Dew Point: 70°F (21.3°C)
Water Temperature: 69°F (20.6°C)

Fishermans Post
Sportfishing Boats
Web Hosting with Local Support
Onslow Bay Boatworks

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carolina Clasic 25 VS Parker 2520 DV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATBob
2nd Mate
2nd Mate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Carolina Clasic 25 VS Parker 2520 DV Reply with quote

Anyone care to compare and contrast these two boats? I have been flip-flopping between them for some months and thought some other opinions might help.

jdunk
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending On what your looking for... You wont find a better riding boat in a sloppy sea than that CC. Huge for a 25'. Fuel Mileage and ease of Maintennace with outboards go with the Parker.  
BTH
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same Parker HUGE 25 foot boat.
Lots of room nice dead rise and allot of fuel capacity.

bambam
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 25 cc and the parker 25 are worlds apart. I have been on both. The 25 cc is a far superior boat in build and hull performance. The CC deadrise is 24 and the Parker is 21, you will feel that is its choppy. If your after fuel economy go with the parker unless you can find a CC with the yanmar 315 or 370. (They now offer the CC with an OB option, god forbid). With the yanmar power you would have the most stable, biggest, baddest and most efficient 25 ever built imo. If fuel economy isn't going to drive your decision and 1.5 mpg is ok for you then the CC with a Volvo 7.4 or 8.1 will do you well. Here is a smoking deal I saw on yachtworld.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1997/Carolina-Classic-25-2502710/Norfolk/VA/United-States

I yam what I yam...

Bodie
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 carolina classic is a beast. She is heavy and is a tank in the ocean. I had one and loved it, set the course and ride it, she would run thru more than you wanted to go through. Fuel mileage not great you will avg. Around 1mpg with the 8.1 with a full load heading offshore. Cabin is great for kids fishing buddies who need a nap. Nice and dry and warm in the winter.

Now the 25carolina with the outboards is just plain badazz,she will top out 40 plus knots she also will get right at 2mpg or better at cruise. And yes I have been on one the first one made after I owned my own with the 8.1.

Don't know much about Parker so won't commit, but weight is Great when riding in the rough Atlantic.

FishFactory
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
The 25 cc and the parker 25 are worlds apart. I have been on both. The 25 cc is a far superior boat in build and hull performance. The CC deadrise is 24 and the Parker is 21, you will feel that is its choppy. If your after fuel economy go with the parker unless you can find a CC with the yanmar 315 or 370. (They now offer the CC with an OB option, god forbid). With the yanmar power you would have the most stable, biggest, baddest and most efficient 25 ever built imo. If fuel economy isn't going to drive your decision and 1.5 mpg is ok for you then the CC with a Volvo 7.4 or 8.1 will do you well. Here is a smoking deal I saw on yachtworld.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1997/Carolina-Classic-25-2502710/Norfolk/VA/United-States

wtg x,s 2

gsrsol84mm
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just doesn't get any better than the Carolina Clasic 25 with the Yanmar Diesel and outdrive for a trailerable offshore battle wagon.

Not sure why you would compare the Carolina Classic to a Parker 25

Wes
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually looked at both before I bought my Parker 2510 DV. The CC 25 has a great layout and I'm sure the ride is superior to my Parker but I went with the Parker for the twin F150 Yamaha's. I'm a big Yama fan. I know several good Yama mechanics if needed. I don't know much about diesels and outdrives. I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong but I believe the I/O is significantly more expensive to maintain. However you may make that up in fuel economy with a Yanmar. Anyway, I've been very satisfied with my Parker. It has a good, dry ride. I troll the GS, bottom fish, and dive out of it. The only negative I can say it fuel consumption (~2 mpg).

ATBob
2nd Mate
2nd Mate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes, what do you think of the high deck, low gunnel on the Parker? I know that is a real negative for those with kids, but thats not a problem, just us older folk. roll

Wes
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATBob wrote:
Wes, what do you think of the high deck, low gunnel on the Parker? I know that is a real negative for those with kids, but thats not a problem, just us older folk. :roll:

Not sure what you consider a low gunnel and my boat is not near me or I'd go measure it, but I'm 6' tall and my knees hit the lower part of the combing pads. I bottom fish so that is an important consideration for me. I feel very secure when cranking on a 50# reef donkey in pitching seas.

twoturnin
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to take a very serious look at the 25 SPORTCRAFT with diesel power. Charter/dive captain bud in FL loved his . Called SportCraft with voice mail and never heard a peep from them. Bought a 99 Albie. 24 Albie has a diesel option for $$$$$$$.

1999 24 Albie-16 Tracker-12 jonboat-17 Mohawk

FishFactory
Ol'Salt
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
ATBob wrote:
Wes, what do you think of the high deck, low gunnel on the Parker? I know that is a real negative for those with kids, but thats not a problem, just us older folk. roll

Not sure what you consider a low gunnel and my boat is not near me or I'd go measure it, but I'm 6' tall and my knees hit the lower part of the combing pads. I bottom fish so that is an important consideration for me. I feel very secure when cranking on a 50# reef donkey in pitching seas.

wtg 6'6" and I never had a problem in a Parker.

OTOH, really hard to fish outta sum boats
that seem to have a three foot wall around them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FryingPanTower.Com Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: